Saturday, September 14, 2013

Farmer Friend


(Text reposted from October 4, 2009)

I pass by these little shacks during my daily commute. Last week I saw the farmer milling around, so I stopped and asked him if could take some photos on his land. He was an older fellow...say 80-years-old. A big smile took over his face. He tried to tame his smile, but he couldn't. Then he said, "You can take photos any time you like." It was almost as if my wish to take photos confirmed that he had something beautiful. Intuitively, he *knew* he had something beautiful, but my question was confirmation and he couldn't contain his smile. I instantly adored him. The whole experience made my day.

I spent 45 minutes clicking away, being careful not to damage his soybeans. I'll drop some prints off the next time I see him outside. And when I do, it will be the best thing that happens to me that day.

For more:


*

No comments: