Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Difficult Existence


While in Honduras last week, I was reminded how blessed I am. The man above has a cane in one hand (fashioned from a stick) and a machete in the other hand.

I learned a statistic that I found both shocking and sad regarding emergency room visits in Honduras.  Most emergency visits in Honduras are caused by two things (in this order):

1.  Unintentional machete accidents.
2.  Intentional acts with machetes.

Welcome to the real world.....the world outside our privileged existence...

+++

3 comments:

Click Photography said...

wow - made me cry!!

chemist said...

Dan:

Thanks for the reminder! We often take for granted our priveleged existence!

Traveling Chemist

Ava said...

Can't imagine the pain living in a world without law and order. Very sad indeed.