Sunday, December 19, 2010

Guardians of the Night

Guerrero_Joaquin_K9_08.15.10-007-Edit

This past summer I had the honor of photographing my friend, Officer Joaquin Guererro and his beloved K9 companion,   Rookie II.  Officer Guererro's story is quite remarkable.  In short, on 9/11, he felt so compelled to help, he and Rookie (Rookie I at that time) made their way to New York City the very next day.

I posted a snippet of their story months ago now.  You can revisit it here:

http://danieldenardo.blogspot.com/2010/06/k-9-commander.html

[I have been out of touch with my blog the past few months. Being out of touch has been mostly by design...and the fact that I've been globetrotting more than usual.  I felt compelled, however, to post this follow up about one of my favorite people.]

+++

No comments: