Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tall Timber

TallTimber

I recently visited one of my favorite pine forests.  It was planted decades ago by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC).  It has been years since I've been there.  The last time I was there, the shafts of late-day sunlight knifed their way between the trees....lighting up the forest like a laser light show.  I remember it being incredibly beautiful.  This time, however, things were different.  It didn't look the way I remembered it.  It had changed. The forest was more mature and it changed how the light reacted with the surroundings.  It wasn't as visually appealing as my memory of it.  I felt a little disappointed.

And then I looked up.

Wow!  The view knocked my socks off.....an explosion of color and grandeur that I never expected.  I plopped down on the ground like a kid making snow angels.....lying in the pine needles, I just took it in.  The sight, the smells, the sounds.... a sensory feast....and food for my soul.

~~~~~

1 comment:

Hindsfeet said...

...that "lookin' up" changes everything.....

.....I know it always does for me......

~*