Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Real Deal, Finale

Haiti_07.01.10-305

Ron is working the phone as we're about to enter one of the most dangerous slums in the world -- City Soleil, Port au Prince.

Haiti_06.30.10-206

Yet another thing Ron excels at -- making connections with people.....especially kids.

Haiti_07.01.10-396

Three school girls pose with Ron around the corner from our temporary home at Matthew 25 House in Port au Prince. Actually, the girls wanted nothing to do with him until I convinced them that he is Jackie Chan....well, not sure I really convinced them, but we all got a good laugh out of that.

You da man, Jackie!

(Ya'll didn't think I could be serious three days in a row, did ya?)

Love ya, bro.

+++

6 comments:

Searching Soul said...

Jacky Chan would really be flaterred! And who did you say you are, Dan?

Dan said...

Um, SS, that would be 007. Uh huh...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Bond. James Bond.

Amy said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos - you and Ron enhanced my experience in Haiti last week and inspired me to share my story with anyone who will listen...if it will impact at least one person!

Dan said...

Amy, we had a SUPER week and it was a joy getting to know you and the rest of the team at Matthew 25.

All the best to you and yours.

Dan

Jay said...

This can't be the finale! I need more!! :)

Dan said...

Okay, Jay, you talked me into one more Real Deal post. There will be more Haiti posts to come, but I'm getting low on photos of Ron (HE is the "Real Deal").