Saturday, June 26, 2010

Off I Go...

Off_I_Go-4

When I was a teenager, I was in an accident that I should not have survived. I was riding my bicycle with a friend and a car going 50 mph hit my bicycle head-on. The collision left me lying motionless in the road.

My friend thought I was dead.

Seconds later, I popped up off the pavement and began dusting myself off. I walked away... with a couple scrapes and bruises and two stitches. That's it. And I am not exaggerating one bit.

I guess it wasn't my time. I figure God had more that he wanted me to learn and do HERE....on earth. I need to remind myself of that every so often. And I need to make every effort to fulfill His plan for me. I pray that I get better at that.

I may be out of touch for the next little while. I'll be with Ron, my friend and colleague. Yes, I'll be putting my cameras to work. Ron will be putting his cameras down, for a change, and will just put his pen to work. A collaboration we've both been looking forward to.....

And I'll be adding a couple things to my camera bag that have nothing to do with cameras or photography.

Off I go.....

in His service.

~~~ +++ ~~~


5 comments:

Jay said...

George got hit on his bike in an intersection last year - he walked away with a scratch on his shoulder, but his bike was damaged beyond repair! I was out of town when it happened, it was hands down the scariest day I've experienced.

Glad both of you made it through - you're right, God wasn't finished with y'all yet.

Have a great time on your trip!!

Dan said...

I remember reading that on George's blog, Jay. Yikes. Very scary...and quite *miraculous*.

Andy Richards said...

Good Luck Dan!

Dan said...

Thanks, Andy...good to hear from you!

Hindsfeet said...

So beautifully meaningful, D...thanks for the profound inspiration of your life...

All my prayers for your endeavor...

In Spirit,
H
~+~