Sunday, June 13, 2010

Looking Back #2 - Sincerity and Sacrifice

Bali_Indo_09.2009-36

This past November, I had the opportunity to be on assignment in Bali, Indonesia. Every minute of it was amazing. The people of Bali left their imprint on me in no uncertain terms. They are generous, gracious, sincere and have a capacity to work that is staggering. I learned so much from them in nine short days.

Bali_Indo_09.2009-37

This woman has prepared a sacrifice for the Gods and is about to deliver it to a predetermined location in the Hindu Mother Temple.

While I don't share the same religion as most of the Balinese, I am in awe of their spirituality and the way it permeates their culture. It is evident in every moment of their existence. Seeing it in action was a gift.

+++

1 comment:

Hindsfeet said...

"I am in awe of their spirituality and the way it permeates their culture. It is evident in every moment of their existence"

...what an awesome enviable thing to have said about one's life...

beautiful observation, D, and a challenging one as well...