Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Smoke Signals

SmokeSignals

I needed some inspiration tonight. I knew it had been a couple days since I posted a photo and I was feeling uninspired. It's easy for me to go back in time and post an image of something I shot days, months or years ago, but that's an unfulfilling option for me. For me, it's about today...tonight...right now.

I walked out into the yard a couple hours ago and instantly knew something special was happening. I put a camera over each shoulder and headed out into the wheat field to what I call "The Tree of Life" .....about 200 yards from my back door. This is what I saw.

I'm sending some of God's smoke signals from me to you.

~*~*~*

4 comments:

Hindsfeet said...

So glad you took that "little" walk, D...

You and God seem to move together so seamlessly, symbiotically, effortlessly....Your hearts interwoven in this breathtaking post.......What a sublime example of what it is to "live and move and have our being" in Him...

This one is a Treasure, D...Pure inspiration.

Wander to the Wayside said...

Message received ...

Ron said...

Sometimes the best pics are right in your own backyard...just have to be a bit more creative and looking at it from a different vantage point.

...remind me to never look at this photo while drunk :)

I need one of those psychedelic lenses.

Dan said...

Dude, I've never seen you drunk...and if I did, I probably would think I was seeing things....