Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Patterns of Winter - #4

Patterns_ofWinter_#4

I'll let you in on a secret -- When I gave myself this "Patterns of Winter" self-assignment, I had no clue where it would lead. After I posted #1, someone commented that they were looking forward to #2.

There was no #2. And there was no #3 or #4. They did not exist.

I'm a big believer in personal work. I churn out a lot of images for a lot of clients, but there is nothing I like better than getting out and discovering and creating for myself.

It makes no difference what your art is -- writing, painting, sculpting or music. You get better by doing it. Just my humble opinion.

It's a game for me. My game is about momentum -- my momentum. Moving forward. Learning, growing and moving. Spiritually, artistically, physically and mentally.

I think God likes it that way.

+++

5 comments:

Jay said...

I think God likes it that way too. :)

Dan said...

And by-the-way, Jay...it was shot with a LensBaby :-). You probably already guessed that. Hope all is well down yer way. Sounds like George has been super busy.

Hindsfeet said...

a-HA! So you were bluffing! ; ) Gladja didn't leave us hanging, D...This has been a fun series....

...annnnnd, I REALLY like this particular variation (nod not unnoticed ; ) )....

....Have you ever been reading the bible and randomly come across a passage that you've just never seen or heard of before? I mean, I think it's neat when, after all this time, there're still more nuggets to find in there, more depths to plumb.....

...anyway, your post here brought to mind just such a passage I ran across the other day and ended up journaling about at length as the message therein struck me so significantly.....It epitomizes EXACTLY the momentum you're describing here, D....and would certainly seem to reflect God's thumbs up re: said momentum that you mentioned here....It seems like that "momentum" is a direct result of staying vitally connected to Him...."In Him we...move....." (Acts 17:28) (hmmm, I feel a blog post coming on...and the dominos keep tipping ; ) )

....check it out, D, see what you think....Ezekiel 47:8-12

I think you'll dig it as much as I did....

Dan said...

Thanks for the heads up, H. I'll check that passage out as your suggest. Sounds like it's right up my alley.

Hindsfeet said...

...Hey D...just got your "note" on "In Him we move..."....

Thanks again for this inspiration of your post here and yet another tipped domino....

: )