Friday, December 18, 2009

Monks



I have clicked my last photo in Kiev and have traveled east to Amsterdam, The Netherlands. It has been a very productive and rewarding trip. In fact, I think I've captured some of the best photos of my career (none of which can be posted here).

If you've followed this blog for any length of time you will know that I love my job. I love my family more. I am SO ready to be home. And so ready for CHRISTmas.

Now I just need to start and finish my Christmas shopping.

+++

6 comments:

Wander to the Wayside said...

We're grateful for the photos that you ARE able to show us, Dan! And I know your family will be so excited to have you home, safe and sound...and with gifts!

Hindsfeet said...

The "nun" and now the "Monks"...I'm getting ready to send out all over again for information from the convents! I've got friar fever! (or whatever the female equivalent is) haha, I kid, I kid, my hubby would be oh so sad ; )

enough silliness outta me, enjoy your family and your holidays, Dan, Safe travels! : )

Jay said...

That one guy looks a little shady... yikes!

:)

Glad you are on your way home, Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!

Dan Denardo said...

Hindsfeet and Jay,

You and yours have a very Merry Christmas.

Warm regards,
Dan

Hindsfeet said...

In all seriousness, Dan, it is a great shot...the light on their faces, the fact that they're walking into the light, the stolen sidelong glance in the direction of the camera, the color of the robes...all beautiful elements...

...glad you've had such a successful and inspiring trip and that your creative juices are finding such expression.

thanks for your well wishes,
"God bless us all, everyone!"
; )

Shutterbug said...

Great pic and the monk looking at the camera reminds me of a doctor on Grey's Anatomy, hehe. He has a twin in Kiev! Great Pic. Hope this massive snow storm hitting the east coast does not delay your travels, although I wish we were getting it here. Happy Holidays!

C.