Thursday, October 29, 2009

Give - Updated

In my post yesterday, I revisited the story of seeing a little orphan boy wearing my son's PJs and how emotional that was for me. In fact, lightning has struck more than once. This is a photo of my son in 2004.

Smile_LiveLonger

I photographed the young fellow (below) in June 2009. The shirt is not a coincidence.

Same shirt. Five years later.

Smile_LiveLonger_2

It's a bit faded, but it's still doin' its job. What do ya say we check out our closets this weekend. I'll bet we can find a ton a few things that we don't even touch anymore. Let's take that stuff to The Salvation Army, Goodwill, the soup kitchen or some other outreach program of your choice. C'mon. Let's just do it. It's not that tough. It will make someone's day... and YOURS, too. I promise.

Smile. Live Longer.

+++

4 comments:

Wander to the Wayside said...

I do it several times a year!

Ron said...

Amen, brother!

Shutterbug said...

I do like the Salvation Army and have even found some treasures there every now and again, but I do think it is good to donate to organizations that do not charge.....especially in this economy. I have given items to Shelterhouse for domestic violence victims/children and they will even take household appliances and you get a tax write off. Either way, it feels good to give. Thanks for reminding us, Dan. Happy Halloween!

Dan Denardo said...

Happy Halloween, Carol!

Posts like this one are mostly a reminder for ME, Carol. My feeble brain doesn't keep these kinds of things on the "front burner" often enough. I figure if I keep yacking about it, someday it will be second nature to me.