Saturday, September 5, 2009

Grand and Glorious Morning

Grand&Glorious_v2

I knew this morning was going to be a good one. My friend Mark sent me a note last night to let me know that he and some friends would be lifting off about 1 mile from my house at 7:00 a.m. He keeps me in the loop because he knows how much I enjoy seeing these majestic, gravity-defying beauties. I have had the good fortune of flying in a hot-air balloon before and if I hadn't, it would be on my "bucket list". It's an incredible experience.

+++

4 comments:

Ron said...

I go for the champaigne afterwards!
Awesome shot, Dan! But if you were on the balloon, how'd u get this? Hmmm, you've got too many tricks, my friend!

Dan Denardo said...

I was firmly on the ground for this one, my friend. Previously, however, I've been able to go up. In fact, that photo that hangs outside my office (of hot air balloons) was shot from another balloon.

Be safe in Frankfort, buddy.

Javier said...

The sense of freedom in this photograph is extraordinary, my friend! I like your freedom photographs a lot. I remember one where there was also a balloon, it was kind of pink and blue I think...

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Cheers!

Dan Denardo said...

Freedom! I love that observation, Javier! You should be an artist! :) In fact, you are - a magnificent one at that. Great to hear from you as always.