Saturday, June 27, 2009

O'Hare International Airport - Chicago

Ohare_Intl

I love to travel. Let's start with that. Maybe I should say that I love my travel destinations.

I must admit, however, I'm not crazy about the whole airport experience. For me it's usually pure chaos -- rush to the airport, wait in line, show passport, bolt to the security check, stand in line, show passport, take shoes off, put shoes on, have carry-on bags searched because some of my equipment resembles bomb-making components, rush to gate, gate change, show passport, weather delay, mechanical delay, crew delay...all with twenty-five pounds of camera gear over each shoulder. Whew. No, Miss Gate Agent, I don't want to give up my seat for a travel voucher. Get me the hell heck home.

:-)

Photo above: O'Hare Intl. Airport, underground corridor between B & C concourses. Nikon D3, 17-35 mm f2.8 (at 17mm), 1/4 second @ f8, Gitzo Traveler carbon fiber tripod, RRS ball head.

+++

5 comments:

EjG said...

That's a great shot, Dan...I really like how you can take average and bend, shape, and mold it to art and beauty.

Dan Denardo said...

Ah, you're too kind, Eric. I think it just takes being a geek and not being embarrassed by getting out all the gear and having at it. And hoping that Security doesn't think I'm some kind of homeland security threat.

I appreciate your kind words, my friend.

Andy Richards said...

All I can say, Dan, is WOW! I am continually amazed at your imagination behind the lens.

Dan Denardo said...

Andy, it's an addiction. I guess there are worse addictions! I really appreciate your kind comments. Thanks for making my day.

Andy Richards said...

Yeah -- such a shame to have made a living on an addiction for all these years -- and hopefully for years to come :-)