Thursday, June 18, 2009

No Fastfood Drive-thru

This is how chicken is prepared in the Blue Mountains - the old fashioned way. It starts with a live chicken. There are no KFCs, no drive-thru service, no pre-packaged conveniences. I'm going to spare you the visual details, but I have once again been reminded how cushy my life is.

I also cannot help but notice how thin the people are here. They are very active, because they need to be. They don't go to the gym. There is no gym. The land and their lifestyle is their gym. There is nothing flat about about this land. You are either walking up or you are walking down.

I wish I had more time to write. My posts will be brief this week. I'll catch up when I return.

Be well.

+++

4 comments:

Jay said...

Wow, I love your quote today. I needed to see that one.

--I want to go to this place! How do I make that happen?

Dan Denardo said...

Jay, I think there may be several options if you think you would like to come here. Let's chat about it when I return. In fact, there are two missionaries here from GA this week. One is leading a team from his Church.

Ron said...

I bet you that chicken tasted damn good, too!!!

I wish I was there with you! In due time I will be, I promise you that!

Safe travels, my friend! Prayers are with you.

Dan Denardo said...

Thanks, my friend!

Yes, I don't ever remember having better chicken. Cooked over pimento wood with sauce made from scotch bonnets! Mmmm.