Monday, June 8, 2009

Hot Fun in the Summertime

HotFun

If you've followed this blog for any length of time, you know I love hot air balloons. A friend of mine owns one of the balloons pictured here. When the winds are right (less than 7 mph) he is likely to go up about a mile from our house. If you ever have the opportunity to be a passenger, I highly recommend it. It is a magnificent adventure -- like none other. The scene above took place over the recent Memorial Day weekend.

The photo below is a scene I captured from a hot air balloon. We were nearly 1000 feet above the balloons pictured here.

Hot Air

+++

4 comments:

Jay said...

I am SOO jealous, always wanted to do that.

Ron said...

Dan, the second picture in this post is perhaps my favorite picture from your collection. There's just something about it...

Dan Denardo said...

It's actually a favorite of mine, too, Ron. For some reason, it gives me a feeling of peace.

Andy Richards said...

I remember seeing the second photo at your recent Midland presentation, Dan. I had the incredible opportunity to attend the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta in October, 2008, on a gorgeous, blue-sky day. In my Blog about it, I referred to these balloons as "low hanging fruit" for the photographer. 100's of colorful "props" made to order, launching at once. The photo op, along with the organized chaos, made it a life-enhancing experience for me!