Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter

HappyEaster

The photos in these last two posts are actual stained glass windows. This one is probably twenty-five feet tall. My photo does not do it justice. This window is on the east wall of the church. When the sun rises, the stained glass in this window lights up and comes alive -- it is really quite a magnificent depiction of the resurrection.

I shot this from a "scissor lift" to bring me up to the level of the center of the window. In fact, I shot all 35 of the stained glass windows in our Church this day to illustrate a book that is currently being written. The book tells the story of each of the windows.  Each window gives a visual depiction of something in the New Testament. The windows are placed in chronological order. It's really quite a special place.

Happy Easter, my friends.


7 comments:

Jay said...

These windows are in your church? You get to see that every week? Sweet.

These are great shots.

The Demigoddess said...

It's glorious. Looking at this picture is a humbling experience for me. I will remember to go to church tomorrow.

Happy Easter, Dan!

PAOLA said...

Dan, it was a touching experience for me.
I think you have the gift of "reading" the soul of those who capture.
And its magic, and not everyone has this abbility.
I admire U for that
Happy Easter my dear friend

Subhanjan said...

I always feel fascinated by such glass work with the theme of Christ and Christianity. Meanwhile, here is something different for all of you to see. The following link will take you directly to the website of Magnum, and the issue is how Philippines celebrates these few days. Trust me, you will be amazed:

http://inmotion.magnumphotos.com/essay/bloodnailsandprayers?utm_source=Magnum+Photos+Newsletter&utm_campaign=6fdfa408ae-POTW0410094_10_2009&utm_medium=email&mc_cid=6fdfa408ae&mc_eid=1ba7f3ccd8

Subhanjan said...

I always feel fascinated by such glass work with the theme of Christ and Christianity. Meanwhile, here is something different for all of you to see. The following link will take you directly to the website of Magnum, and the issue is how Philippines celebrates these few days. Trust me, you will be amazed:

http://inmotion.magnumphotos.com/essay/bloodnailsandprayers?utm_source=Magnum+Photos+Newsletter&utm_campaign=6fdfa408ae-POTW0410094_10_2009&utm_medium=email&mc_cid=6fdfa408ae&mc_eid=1ba7f3ccd8

SearchingSoul said...

Hi Dan,

Catching up on your posts is such a feel good experience, as always. Your photos are awesome and reading how you took it even made me admire it even more.

I love the glass windows and the yellow finch very much! Thanks for sharing. You cheered me up even without knowing it.

Happy Easter.

SS

Ron said...

One of my favorite things in life is to see how different cultures and religions depict themselves via art. This is absolutely stunning, Dan. Sometimes when I'm in church, sitting there and not understanding what the priest is saying (we all have those moments), I daze off and just stare at the artwork. It puts me at peace.

Off to church now!