Sunday, March 29, 2009

An Amazing Couple

Kim, Steve, Jonah

This is Kim and Steve. They are the most amazing people I know. Actually, they are the most amazing people I have EVER known. Kim and Steve have sixty "adopted" children. You read that correctly - 60 children (and 3 others by birth). My wife and I have one child and we're "leaking oil" most days.

Kim and Steve are the directors of the City of Refuge Children's Home in the Blue Mountains of Jamaica. They have help managing the orphanage, of course (especially from above), but it is their vision, passion, faith and tireless effort that has paved the way to make meaningful lives for each of their 63 beloved children.

They are servants with a well-defined purpose. Seeing them in action has been a gift. I am so blessed to know them.

Family copy

Amazing. Need I say more?


4 comments:

Jay said...

This picture made me cry like a little baby. My mom has 5 adopted children... and who knows how many other children have lived with us along the way. I love this picture.

God bless them and the work they do. The world would unquestionablebe a better placeif there were more people with this level of conviction.

Amazing.

Dan Denardo said...

Jay, you have a first-person perspective on this subject. Clearly, your mother is also amazing. And I've got a sneakin' suspicion that your Mom has rubbed off on you. From what I can tell, you, Janey, and George are pretty special, too.

Ron said...

It's people like Kim and Steve who are the unsung heroes of our world. God bless them.

Andy Richards said...

Dan: Kim and Steve are truly special people. God bless them.