Sunday, March 1, 2009

Abstract Sky

 Sky copy

I love watching severe weather roll in.  It reminds me that we live on a planet.  When I saw the sky "boiling" this day, I bolted for my camera.  When I think about capturing an image, the FIRST thing I ask myself is: How can I capture this in a way that our eyes typically DON'T see?  By doing so, I think it instantly creates more impact...at least for me.  In this case I grabbed my fisheye lens (10.5mm), got flat on my back and looked to the sky.  This is nearly a 180 degree view of what I saw.

I'm certain my neighbors think I've snapped.  I can imagine their conversations -- "Hey Mary, he's doin' it again. Now the loser thinks he sees a UFO."

What they don't know is that I take pride in being a little wacky.  It's called LIVING LIFE.


1 comment:

Jay said...

That is a great picture... what a cool angle.

Me neighbors have probably thought the same thing about me before...but then, they are probably right.