Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Life Lesson in Happiness

OldTown_Portrait

Isn't this a great smile?  It seems very genuine to me.

I was blessed to cross paths with this fellow today.  I am not going say a lot about him so I can protect his anonymity.  He is a man of simple means.  He has some health issues.....and he has more than a few reasons to be cranky.  Yet he is not.  He has chosen to be happy.

He is a man of Faith.

I don't know him and he doesn't know me.  And he probably doesn't realize how much he taught me about life today.  He taught me a lot.....without saying a word.


6 comments:

PAOLA said...

Even the most silent smile can do miracles.
I´m proud for the chance to know about him.
Thanks Dan

EjG said...

Dan, you have a way of capturing life and meaning. Thanks for posting this photo and your comments.

Jay said...

DAN! It's snowing there?!? There are flowers blooming here, crazy!

This is a great shot, and you're right. Happiness is a decision. Paradise is in your mind. It's all about perception. :)

Dan Denardo said...

Yep. We've got snow, Jay. It snowed about 5" yesterday. This has been the toughest winter in a long time. I was shooting in a blizzard yesterday, which was actually kind of fun. Hey, I'm a "glass is half-full" guy. If I'm gonna live in Michigan, I need to celebrate winter. However, I'm liking your "flower talk".

Jay said...

The last time I saw real snow (that actually stuck to the ground), I was 7 years old.

Ron said...

Wow. As photographres, we're blessed to meet people like him. It's the best part of our jobs. You've captured him well, as always!