Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Desperation?

DSC_0260 copy

I love photos that are not what they would seem to be. In this case, I could probably make up a story of desperation, but nothing could be further from the truth.

This little one is frustrated with ME. She was with a group of kids that I was photographing. I was click, click, clicking and I simply had not gotten to her yet. Her words shouts went something like this:

Uncle Dan, take my picture!

Uncle Dan, take my picture!!!

UNCLE DAN, TAKE MY PICTURE!!!!!  (queue the sad face)

Click.

To some, knowing the truth will render the photo less compelling. So be it. When the subject is kids, I'm gonna give it to you straight.  No smoke, mirrors, tragedy or desperation. Just the truth.

3 comments:

Jay said...

It's great though, she's beautiful!

--- my little one is the complete opposite... "MOM!! STOP TAKING MY PICTURE!!"

The Demigoddess said...

Awwww..that's so cute. I am the same way. I always want my pictures taken.

Geek Girl said...

This is one of my new favorite photos.