Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where the Action Is

When I revisited this image today, I recalled that I filed it under "Adventures" as well as "Sports". Why Adventures? I was standing on a catwalk about eighty feet above ice level. The catwalk is made of steel mesh that flexed dramatically as I stepped across it. Trust me, flexing does not feel good under your feet when you're 80' in the air. To make matters worse, I could see very clearly through the mesh to the ice below. This solidified my view of where I would crash and burn if I made one false move. All I could think about was dropping my camera...or becoming one of those Flying Wallendas that lost it on the high wire. Somehow, I got lucky and came out of it with this shot.

Occasionally, a blind squirrel finds a nut.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Hey, now that's my kinda sport! Great shot..it's all in the skill, my friend...all skillz!